Website New Mexico Environment Department
Air Quality Bureau Chief (NMENV #12056)
Closing 1/18/2018 11:59 PM Mountain
- Job Description
- Purpose of Position
The purpose of this position is to manage all aspects of the Air Quality Programs to meet departmental goals and objectives consistent with the Cabinet Secretary’s strategic plan and in compliance with Federal and State laws and guidelines. The Air Quality Bureau Chief position establishes programmatic initiatives for the Planning and Policy, Operations, Permitting, and Compliance and Enforcement programs. This position manages approximately $9 million in program financial activities. This position directly and indirectly manages 78.5 full time equivalent positions, to include managers, supervisors, technical, and administrative staff.This position is a Pay Band 95.
- Classification Description
- General Manager I Environmental Science
- Minimum Qualifications
- A Master’s Degree in any field of study from an accredited college or university and eight (8) years of professional level experience with a strategic impact directly related to the purpose of the position defined by the agency at the time of recruitment. Any combination of education from an accredited college or university and/or direct experience in this occupation totaling fourteen (14) years may substitute for the required education and experience. A hiring agency will designate a portion of the required experience to include management and/or specialized experience. Any required licensure, certification or registration shall be defined at the time of recruitment and will be in addition to the above requirements.
Must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico Driver’s License.
If a Statutory Requirement is associated with a position in this Manager Category, it will apply.
- Supplemental Information
Do you know what Total Compensation is?
- Working Conditions:
Office setting with minimal travel required to inspect air monitoring sites or industrial facilities, and to complete special projects. May work in inclement weather. May be required to present technical information to the public at public meetings and forums.
- Conditions of Employment:
Working Conditions for individual positions in this Manager Category Level will vary based on each agency’s utilization, essential functions, and the recruitment needs at the time a vacancy is posted. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Default FLSA Status:
Exempt. FLSA status may be determined to be different at the agency level based on the agency’s utilization of the position.Bargaining Unit:
Not RepresentedAgency Contact Information:
Richard Goodyear, (505) 476-4305.
Link to Agency:
Applicant Help/How to Apply:
- State of New Mexico
- 2600 Cerrillos RoadSanta Fe, New Mexico, 87505.
For more information, please visit http://www.spo.state.nm.us/State_Employment.aspx →