Website Utah Dept. of Environmental Quality
Environmental Engineer – DDW
- Job Description
- If you would like an opportunity to join a team of passionate individuals who work hard to safeguard Utah’s environment, this is the job for you.
The Division of Drinking Water, Permitting Section, is seeking to hire an Environmental Engineer to perform engineering reviews of design and construction plans to issue Plan Approval, Operating Permits, and other correspondence. This position will also conduct sanitary surveys, construction and technical assistance inspections, capacity evaluations, and general technical assistance to public water systems.
The ideal candidate:
- will have at least 5 years of experience working in the drinking water field ideally including regulatory experience
- will have knowledge of water treatment technologies and series R309-500 design and construction standards
- will have knowledge of the Safe Drinking Water Act
- is a good communicator, both verbally and written
- can manage multiple complex tasks
- can work independently as well as in a team environment
- is adaptable and can adjust to changing priorities
- can produce quality work and adhere to deadlines
Why You Should Join Our Team
As a benefited employee of the Department of Environmental Quality, you will receive great health and retirement benefits. Click here to view a summary of the benefits we offer. We also provide generous paid time off so you can spend more time with your family and have a positive work-life balance.The Agency
For more information about the Department of Environmental Quality and the Division of Drinking Water, click here.
**Please note: This posting will close when there is a sufficient pool of qualified candidates for interview or on the close date of 05/27/2018, whichever is first.
- Example of Duties
- EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Engineering review of plans and specifications of drinking water projects
- Technical assistance to Public Water Systems
- Conduct sanitary surveys and other site inspections
- Author letters (review comments, plan approvals, operating permits, and other communication)
- Typical Qualifications
- TYPICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or other engineering degree.
- Work experience or knowledge gained through education or other means with design, construction, evaluation, or operation of drinking water or wastewater systems
- Work experience or knowledge gained through education or other means in drinking water or wastewater treatment processes or technologies
- Water operator certification
- Backflow technician certification
- A current Utah PE license in the discipline of civil, environmental or chemical engineering
- Other credentials related to drinking water
- Supplemental Information
- SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
- Job Series
This job may be filled at any of the advertised levels listed below. Salary depends on the job level offered within the series.
Environmental Engineer I
Salary Range: $20.91 – $33.17
Environmental Engineer II
Salary Range: $24.61 – $39.04
Environmental Engineer III
Salary Range: $27.43 – $43.50The Environmental Engineer III job requires a Professional Engineer (PE) license in Utah, or the ability to obtain a Utah PE license within a year of hire by license reciprocity with another State.
The Environmental Engineer Level I or II requires the successful passing of the Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam, with the expectation to obtain the PE and advance to the Environmental Engineer III.
- State of Utah
2120 State Office Building
Salt Lake City, Utah, 84114
For more information, please visit https://statejobs.utah.gov →