· Extensive knowledge of change management principles combined with the ability to be a strong change agent and leader of people
· Knowledge of staff supervision principles, including task delegation, employee motivation, team-based problem solving techniques (5 Why Analysis/Root Cause, Lean Management, and Continuous Process Improvement), and principles of performance and visual management
· Knowledge of inspection processes, compliance strategies and overall enforcement management
Must be a skilled leader of a diverse environmental workforce (technical and legal), including:
· Skilled manager of staff to ensure deliverables are consistent, reliable, accurate, and timely
· Skilled communicator, both verbal and written, and comfortable presenting to small and large groups
· Skilled in principles and techniques of continuous process improvement, including Lean Management and/or Six Sigma
· Skilled in data-based decision making
· Ability to coach staff to identify process problems and devise a viable solution to the issue using Lean Management and Continuous Process Improvement tools and techniques (i.e. the ability to solve complex problems and make timely decisions by the use of inductive reasoning, root cause analysis, critical thinking, and team-based problem solving)
· Ability to effectively manage staff to ensure deliverables are consistent, reliable, accurate, and timely.
· Ability to be a highly effective communicator to a diverse group of employees, stakeholders, and ADEQ customers (end-users).