|At ADEQ our vision is to be the number one state in the nation in balanced, leading-edge environmental protection; through technical and operational excellence; and radical simplicity for customers and staff. We are currently looking for employees who are committed to our Agency, passionate to excel in their career and engaged in our mission. Only this caliber of employee will be successful in driving our Agency towards accomplishing our vision.
We strive to achieve our mission by leveraging scientific and legal excellence through team-based, structured problem-solving to find better, faster, and cost-effective ways to protect human health and our environment.
To help us on our vast and important mission, the Waste Programs Division has an incredible opportunity for an experienced, results-orientated leader to help build the next generation of underground storage tank (UST) strategies, programs, and professionals. The Deputy Value Stream Manager is an integral part of our diverse, talented, and innovative team and directly contributes to our agency’s mission by driving operational performance and continuous improvement in ADEQ’s UST program consisting of four regulatory units: Tanks Inspections, Compliance and Enforcement Unit; Information and Support Unit; Leak Prevention Unit; and Corrective Actions Unit
A true passion for the Agency’s mission, vision, and having a true passion for people and leadership is a must.
The Deputy Value Stream Manager is responsible for assisting the Value Stream Manager in administering multiple complex environmental programs in the UST section including operational compliance, financial responsibility, data management, community outreach, leak prevention, and corrective actions both state lead and owner lead. The position will assist with oversight, direction, and leadership to staff and management within the UST section, as well as assist with budget, strategic planning, and short-term initiatives to support the agency’s goals.
Do you think you have the combination of talent, passion, and commitment to help drive this Agency to realizing our vision? If so, apply today. To learn more about us, our organizational habits known as the ADEQ Way, our culture, and other positions we have open, visit us at DEQ/careers
|Ideal candidate will possess:
· A Bachelors’ degree in environmental science, chemistry, biology, hydrology, or a related field
· 3 years of environmental experience in a regulatory agency, consulting, or private industry
· 2 years of leadership/supervisory experience in an environmental, regulatory, or industrial setting
· Experience with continuous improvement including LEAN, Six Sigma, or others
· Knowledge of leadership and business management principles, including budgets (expenditure and revenue generations), employee motivation, team-based problem solving techniques, and principles of performance and visual management; Project management and program management techniques, particularly the coordination of people and resources through result driven leadership
|Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities