Website New Mexico Environment Department
$20.54 – $35.74 Hourly
$42,719 – $74,331 Annually
This position is a Pay Band 75
Purpose of Position
Why does the job exist?
How does it get done?
Who are the customers?
– Planning and conducting multi-media (including air, water, biota, vegetation and sediment/soils) environmental sampling and data analysis with an emphasis on stormwater;
– Performing data review and analysis to compose technical reports for submittal to the DOE;
– Implementing quality assurance / quality control measures and documentation; and
– Facilitating public awareness and understanding of environmental issues by presenting complex technical data and information to a non-technical audience.
These combinations of education and experience qualify you for the position:
|1||High School Diploma or Equivalent||AND||9 years of experience||OR||High School Diploma or Equivalent||AND||9 years of experience|
|2||Associate’s degree in the field(s) specified in the minimum qualification||AND||7 years of experience||Associate’s degree or higher in any field||AND||9 years of experience|
|3||Bachelor’s degree in the field(s) specified in the minimum qualification||AND||5 years of experience|
|4||Master’s degree in the field(s) specified in the minimum qualification||AND||3 years of experience|
|5||PhD degree in the field(s) specified in the minimum qualification||AND||1 year of experience|
• Education and years of experience must be related to the purpose of the position.
• If Minimum Qualification requires a specific number of “semester hours” in a field (e.g. 6 semester hours in Accounting), applicants MUST have those semester hours in order to meet the minimum qualifications. No substitutions apply for semester hours.
The Public Health Order (on Vaccination) dated August 17, 2021, requires Congregate Care Facility Workers and Hospital Workers to be fully vaccinated.
If you have questions about whether these requirements apply to this specific position, contact the agency contact listed on this advertisement.
Links to the referenced Executive Order and Public Health Order can be found on the State Personnel Office website homepage: www.spo.state.nm.us
Working Conditions for individual positions in this classification will vary based on each agency’s utilization, essential functions, and the recruitment needs at the time a vacancy is posted. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Bargaining Unit Position
For more information, please contact email@example.com