|Ideal candidate will have:
· Bachelor’s degree in hydrology; geology; civil/environmental engineering; environmental science; geological/mining engineering; sustainability; or a closely related field
· 3-5 years of wastewater treatment, including on-site treatment expertise, hydrology or ground water experience in a regulatory agency, consulting, or private industry.
· 2 years of supervisory experience
· Knowledge of basic engineering and hydrogeology principles; general practice and operation at wastewater treatment plants; basic office support software to include Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Knowledge of or ability to learn applicable federal and state rules and laws for groundwater protection and water recycling; Principles of project management to include time management and organizational skills.
· Skills in effective interpersonal communication, both written and verbal, with a wide variety of individuals; ability in interpreting state and federal statutes and rules; organization, planning, time management and project management; critical thinking and data analysis
· Ability to determine root cause of identified problems; to prioritize multiple competing objectives and change direction of work groups based on interpretation of data; to champion change and drive a group towards technical excellence by providing effective guidance and setting challenging goals; to create and refine metrics that represent activities conducted by unit; to motivate and supervise technical and administrative staff, resolve conflict, and enhance employee engagement
· Knowledge of continuous improvement including LEAN, Six Sigma, or others