Website Arizona Department of Environmental Quality
DEPT OF ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY
We are looking for results-oriented, driven individuals with a thirst for problem solving.
At Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) our vision is to be the number one state in the nation in balanced, leading-edge environmental protection; through technical and operational excellence; and radical simplicity for customers and staff. We are currently looking for employees who are committed to our Agency, passionate to excel in their career and engaged in our mission. Only this caliber of employee will be successful in driving our Agency towards accomplishing our vision.
UNIT MGR – AIR QUALITY
DEPT OF ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY
Address: Remote in Arizona
Salary: $70,0000 – $80,000
Our Air Permits Unit Manager is responsible for managing a team of environmental professionals in the Facilities Emissions Control (FEC) Value Stream who are involved in air quality permit writing and reviewing permit related reports to assess facility compliance status. You will provide direct daily tactical support and expertise in understanding the regulatory complexities that are involved in air quality permit writing to ensure these functions are suitably performed in the interest of advancing the value stream’s mission outcomes. Additionally, you are responsible for negotiating complex environmental matters with the Environmental Protection Agency. All positions at ADEQ are working remotely.
All managers at ADEQ champion continuous improvement projects within the unit and recommends and implements program or operational improvements; assists in the development of goals and strategies; mentor and develop team members; promotes and encourages Lean methodology; develops policies and procedures related to planning; ensures the unit operations meet established time lines and objectives; provides guidance and interpretation of federal and state laws/regulations related to complex regulatory situations.
• Knowledge of management techniques, particularly the coordination of personnel and resources through results-driven leadership; project management; data management principles and techniques to assure data integrity; public relations and meeting facilitation
Ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, environmental management, other environmental discipline
• 3-5 years of air quality experience or air quality experience in a regulatory agency, consulting, or private industry
• 2 years of supervisory/leadership experience
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ASRS Lifetime Benefit Pension Plan
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
For more information, please contact email@example.com